Content Abuse Policy
Complaints against Copyrighted Content
We understand that our client may distribute copyrighted, trademarked, or sensitive content – either accidentally or on purpose - without appropriate rights. In that case, if you’re a copyright owner, you can contact us under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll respond to copyright infringement claims on Ultra.cc and take whatever action we think is appropriate, which may include removing the reported content or termination of accounts of clients who repeatedly infringe or charge often with infringing copyrights.
We follow a straightforward procedure for this circumstance with the following steps:
Copyright Owner sends the report.
The copyright owner must initially investigate to confirm that they legally own the copyright of said content and that our service’s content is unauthorized and infringing. The report must contain the following elements:
- Identification of the copyrighted content you claim has been infringed, such as URL and further information, which specifies the claim.
- Include your email address so we can contact you.
- Include the following statements:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- "I hereby state that the information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Include your legal name and digital signature.
This will be sent to email@example.com and will be subject to review by our team.
Ultra.cc reviews the report and passes it to the client to be removed from his slot in 24 hours.
Upon approval, we will notify the client through email and USB’s ticketing system and will be given 24 hours to remove infringing content. If the client does not respond within this period, his service will be suspended and will only be unsuspended when the client contacts us and confirms the removal of said content.
Copyright Owner Revises or Retracts the Report
Ultra.cc will contact the Copyright Owner once our client completes the removal of infringing content within two business days. The copyright owner must review the action taken by the client and renew or revise their report.
The client may Send A Counter-Notice
If the client believes that they’ve appropriate rights on the reported content, they can legally dispute the report against the complainant directly but must inform us first with sufficient information. In this legal matter, Ultra.cc won't act as an intermediary.
Termination of Clients with Multiple Infringes
Ultra.cc reserves the right to terminate the client’s service charged or determined to be “Repeat Infringer” or has not removed the reported content after the set period. Ultra.cc reserves the right to define the criteria by which Ultra.cc will determine that a person is a 'repeat infringer.’ A period of 24 hours will be provided before the termination action so the client can backup his data present on their Ultra.cc service.
With this Agreement of Abuse Policy, both Complainant and our Client agree that Ultra.cc is not liable for any legal actions against any client’s content on its services. Ultra.cc acts as a common carrier only, as explained in its Terms of Service.