Kavita is a self-hosted library application for comics and ebooks. It supports a vast array of file formats.
- For more information about this app, follow this link.
- Install Kavita from the Installers tab on the User Control Panel. Make sure to choose a strong password.
- Once the installation has been completed, you can access the Kavita web UI from the Apps tab on the UCP.
- Log in with your Kavita service username and the password you set during the installation.
- Our Kavita installation comes with a pre-configured library:
- Manga -
- Add your Manga ebooks to this library our continue reading to add a new library.
Add a Library
- From the Kavita web UI, go to Server Settings in the top right corner.
- Next, click the Libraries tab.
- Then, click the Add Library button.
- Pick a name for your library.
- Choose a library type.
- Then, click the Next button.
- Click the + Browse for Media Folders button.
- From here, you need to navigate the directory structure to find the directory you want to add as a new library.
- Start by clicking the
/row to go to the top-level directory.
- Next, find and click on the
- Then click on the directory of your
usernameand navigate to the directory you want to add as a new library.
- For this guide, we will use
/home/username/media/Comicsas an example.
- When you have navigated to the directory of your choice, click the Share button in the bottom right corner.
- Click the Next button.
- On this page, you can add an optional library cover image.
- Add an image, or proceed by clicking the Next button again.
- On the last page, you can choose to enable or disable some library settings. We recommend keeping all settings at the default enabled state.
- Click the Save button in the bottom right corner.
- If done correctly, a notification will appear in the bottom right corner that confirms a new library has been successfully created.
Add a User
- If you want to add another user to Kavita, head over to the Server Settings again.
- Click the Users tab.
- Type the email address of the person you want to invite.
- Select what libraries to share with the person.
- Lastly, click the Invite button in the bottom right corner.